The DJI Mavic Air 2 has caught many people’s eye due to its camera features – that is why most people are purchasing the Mavic Air 2. If you buy a new or have an old one, then you’re probably wondering how do I pair my drone (DJI Mavic Air 2) with my smartphone or controller?
To make the connection between your smartphone or controller and DJI Mavic Air 2, download the DJI Fly app from either iTunes (for Apple products) or Google Play Store (for Android devices).
If you’re a first-time owner of a DJI drone, it may take some time to understand the pairing process. With just a little guidance, this shouldn’t be an arduous task for anyone who is interested in learning more about drones.
Using a phone, controller, tablet, or computer to connect the DJI Mavic Air 2 is covered below. In addition, we’ll provide the answers to commonly asked questions about pairing.
How to Connect DJI Mavic Air 2 to a Smartphone?
Connecting your Mavic Air 2 with your smartphone has never been easier! In fact, these steps are the same for both Android and iPhone.
- To use your smartphone with the RC (Remote Controller), you will need to attach it to the top of the controller.
- Before you can take your RC (Remote Controller) for a spin, you’ll need to attach your smartphone to the top of it.
- .If you’re looking to get your drone on, the first step is downloading the DJI fly app onto your smartphone. From there, you’ll need to connect to the aircraft.
- Choose the Mavic Air 2 option.
- Turn on your RC by pressing and holding the power button. You’ll know it’s turned on when you hear a beep.
- Turn on the Mavic Air 2 by pressing the Power button, and then keep it held down for a while until you hear the drone make a noise.
- Before you take your Mavic Air 2 out for a flight, it’s important to check that everything is in working order. Before taking off, place the drone on a flat surface.
- The DJI fly app will request that new users confirm their email address before moving forward.
- Now that you have confirmed the details, it’s time to connect your Mavic Air 2 to your smartphone.
- Clicking GOFLY on the DJI app will allow your Mavic Air 2 to take to the skies.
How to Connect DJI Mavic Air 2 to an iPad or Tablet?
Connecting your Mavic Air 2 drone to a tablet or iPad can be tricky but it’s really easy if you follow these steps carefully. All you need is an RC tablet holder and the appropriate cable to connect your device wirelessly to the RC transmitter of your drone – here are some recommended products available on Amazon.
- Attach your tablet or iPad to the top of the remote controller.
- Connect the Mavic Air 2 and Remote Controller using a USB cable.
- Tap the DJI fly app icon on your phone, select Connect Aircraft, and then wait for an airplane to appear before you.
Select the DJI Mavic Air 2.
- To turn on your remote controller, press and hold the power button. The controller will make a beeping sound to indicate it is on.
- Press the power button on the Mavic Air2, hold it down for a while until you hear the noise.
- Ensure the drone is on a flat surface before beginning preflight checks.
- If you are a new user, the DJI fly app will ask for your confirmation of your email address.
- After confirming the details, you are able to connect your Mavic Air 2 drone to your tablet or iPad.
- Click the GOFLY button to fly your Mavic Air 2.
How to Connect DJI Mavic Air 2 to a Smart Controller?
Here are the steps required to establish a connection between the DJI Mavic Air 2 and a Smart Controller.
- Before you can start flying your drone, you need to make sure that both the drone and smart controller are turned on. Wait a few minutes after you turn them on to give them time to connect.
- On the left-hand side of the screen, click on CONSPIRE.
- After you’ve decided on the Mavic Air 2, you’ll need to wait for the pairing process to complete.
- To turn on your drone, hold the power button on the bottom of the drone for four seconds until you hear a beep.
- The beeping noise coming from the drone indicates that it is in pairing mode.
- In order to log in or register for an account, you will need to enter in your email or phone number.
- Clicking on the GO FLY option will make it so that you can now fly your drone.
Before going out for any flights with your new DJI Mavic Air 2 drone, you’ll want to take some time set up the camera to fly mode from within the DJI GO 4 app on either your tablet or smartphone. As long as it’s connected to Wi-Fi and you’re connected via bluetooth, this easy process can be completed in three steps without needing additional hardware.
- To start using your DJI smart controller, turn it on.
- Swiping from the top right
- Click the Settings Icon,
- Then, scroll down until you reach the system update.
- Click on the controller to check and see if the latest firmware was downloaded.
- f you don’t have it already, you can download the DJI assistant software for your computer from the official DJI website.
- In order to get your DJI Assistant software up and running on your computer, you’ll first need to open it.
- Connect the DJI Smart Controller to your computer using a USB cable.
- After plugging in your device, wait a few moments for the software to detect it.
- After recognizing your drone with the app, you will be able to see an icon for it on your software.
- Click on the icon, and there are all of the available current and latest firmware updates.
- Click the latest firmware update option and wait for it to load completely.
- After connecting with the smart controller, your drone will be able to fly.
Why My DJI Mavic Air 2 is Not Connecting?
There are many causes for why your Mavic Air 2 drone may fail to pair up with your controller or smartphone; here are some ways to solve problems pertaining to these devices that could result in pairing issues.
Can be a Technical Glitch
Sometimes when you are having trouble with a problem, it may just require a simple solution like rebooting the drone or checking for an update to fix it.
One way of solving the problem is to restart the Mavic Air 2. This usually fixes most problems. To restart the Mavic Air 2, press and hold down the power button for three seconds until it turns off before pressing it again to turn it back on.
If your Mavic Air 2 has not connected after reboot, you may need to update the software. To do this, connect your Mavic Air 2 to a computer and attempt to connect it with its controller one more time.
If you are still experiencing connection problems, feel free to contact the drone’s maker for help troubleshooting the issue. DJI will connect you with its customer service representative who will provide support and walk you through a step-by-step process of resolving the issue.
You can contact DJI for further assistance if you are still having trouble connecting. They will send someone immediately to help solve the problem and guide you through a step-by-step tutorial so that it doesn’t happen again. If there is a physical defect, they might recommend sending your drone back to them so they can repair it.
The Controller is not Properly Synced.
If you are having difficulty syncing your controller with the Mavic Air 2, please make sure it has enough power before trying again. After switching both devices on and waiting for them to establish contact, try once more to connect the device.
Once you establish a successful connection, the Mavic Air 2 will go solid. If you hear beeping coming from it then it means that the drone and remote are connected to each other.
Due to Low Batteries
Most of the time, Mavic Air 2 will not sync up with your phone or remote because it has a low battery. Make sure the controller and drone are both fully charged to avoid this problem before flight. If you see an indicator warning on either device about low battery, charge them first using the DJI charger before flying again.
After charging the battery, reconnect the Mavic Air 2 to the controller to see if it connects. If not, use another Mavic Air 2 battery.
How Do I Put My Mavic Air 2 in Pairing Mode?
To put your Mavic Air 2 into pairing mode, first open the DJI Fly app and then press the power button on the remote controller and hold it down for a long time until you hear a beep. Afterwards, press the power button on the Mavic Air 2 and do this again but keep holding it down. You will hear a different kind of noise when you are successful.
Finally, to pair the DJI Mavic Air 2, open the app and choose to connect the aircraft. Next, select Mavic Air 2 from the list of options; after that press the power button on both devices – once for each one. Afterwards you will hear a sound which means it has paired successfully.